Skip to main content

Injury : 24 hours later ...

It has been over 24 hours since a white bandage is adorning the part of my body that lies in the intersection of my chin and the neck. The injury was NOT a major one, but yes, i do have some concerns as I would have to live with this for a fortnight or so.

Though it deserved a couple of stitches, but I managed not to get it, with the fear of stitches due to lack of prior experience being one of the reasons coupled with some laziness with me showing to doctor 12 hours later being another. (stiches need to be there within 4-6 hours of injury)

Now I have to be extremely careful while laughing and usually I place one of my palms on the bandage to have a laugh.
Now smiling is also a sort of muscle challenging task.
Also I can do less of talking, which is quite a challenging job.
I can now eat very slowly. This was one of the reasons, I could eat less in yeterday's pizza party.
The quantity of food intake has reduced to 49.96 % of original (a b - school student estimate, where I am not supposed to use NRN- nice round numbers and where I am supposed to quantify everything). Now I can sympathise with people with bigger injuries and countless other restrictions.
I cannot wash my face, so I may have to forego having bath for a few days (those poor souls who are often near me !)
I cannot shave for few days (actually a blessing, as now I have a valid excuse for my dishellved looks)
Maybe a very small patch of skin might not bear any beard, which is one of the reasons why I am a bit concerned as I am very fond of my beard, though that part would be usually not visible.
Now I have to be careful while dozing off or yawning in class, with high chances of professor noticing me.

And these all coupled with answering millions of queries about how/ why/ when/ where it happened and blah blah!

Comments

  1. Yeah, actually I am curious to know about what you mentioned in the last sentence! Anyway, I sympathize with you (since I had similar bad experiences) as I understand it and hope that you get well soon! take care buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks

    Nothing much happened ... But human nature and curiosity forces everyone to ask questions on the big white bandage which is the centre of attraction of my face. (surface area covered by bandage is quite large compared to the wound as my beard does not have great adhesive properties and more of bandage is needed for support... so the "apparant" magnitude of injury is much higher)

    And I give nearly same streotype answers like "main giraa hua insaan hoon" types and some wierd ones, often coupled with some explanations and the course of action i took, and listening to what i should have done, and responding to it ... (and often it continues)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The second parahraphy is too complicated for me to understand!! :o

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Shop @ Amazon

Popular posts from this blog

Art of question paper leaks

(Following is based upon a real discussion which I had today morning) As I was making efforts to keep myself afloat in the swimming pool, I overheard some conversations - "Puraa paper pataa hota hai, wo to humein mil hi jaata hai ... tab bhi hum nahi padhte hain" . .. and so on The guy who did bulk of talking looked around 15 years old and seemed like quite a spoilt brat. I chipped in with some expert comments and questions - "Which board?" "Kisi bhi board ka" After a minute of chat I gathered that he had just given Class 10 exams in ICSE board and was planning to take science stream(PCM), and he studied in a school (say SKP). He had earlier managed to do the same at his previous school (say CRK). Inquisitively, I tried to gather more information on how he manages to get the paper "Bus kuch nahi, security guard ko paise do. 8th, 10th, 12th ke papers. Wo ek extra copy karaa leta hai. ICSE ke paper out karna sabse easy hai. Koi seal nahi hoti" ...

Somewhere @ Nowhere - The Book

FINALLY .... After a tryst with so-called-creativity, I have come up with a book -  Somewhere @ Nowhere. You can have a sneak peek at the story & a few pages from the publisher's website and order the same & get it home delivered anywhere in India/ Abroad. Details as mentioned below- - Preview and get the book home delivered from HERE Also, you can join the following groups - - Orkut Community - Facebook Page Hope you like the work. Would appreciate a feedback. Till then ... Happy Reading!!! And yeah, please spread the word (relying on word of mouth & word of blog publicity) :-) ___ Update (18/02/2010) - Thanks for the initial response to the book :) Update2 (25/ 02/ 2010) - Thanks for the feedbacks on the book those who have read it. (hope to get a feedback by others soon). Encourages me to overcome inertia and write more! Meanwhile, those who ask for why is it currently not available in traditional retail outlets - well, I hope it wil...

The story behind credit card debts & personal loans

Any one with even an iota of interest in personal finance & its workings would probably know that credit card debts and personal loans are usually the worst kinds of debt traps that you can fall into. Yet many people fall into that trap again and again. Many people do come out of it eventually but some don't & this becomes a part of their "lifestyle". That you are eventually paying much more than you need to, if you default on credit card payments intentionally or unintentionally (probably @ 36 % per annum or something similar) or take a personal loan (say, @ 12% per annum or so) is not hard to fathom. However behind these numbers, there may be even a deeper story - that usually that of not having control over expenses or not having created a buffer amount. While there may be some pressing need like unplanned or recurring medical expenses which fuels sudden demand of money or an unexpected job loss, in many other cases this need may be fueled by lack of plani...

Snaps from The Himalayas

Some glimpses of one of the best landscapes in the country. Why long for Alps when our own old, enigmatic yet beautiful Himalayas provide such magnificent and picturesque sceneries!! Have a look. Enjoy. Location - Garhwal Region, Himalayas which lie in the state of Uttrakhand.

The Forest

The Toyota Qualis and the Chvrolet Tavera stopped after a long journey. It was almost 9 in the night and it was pitch-dark. Night times in a forest are always pitch-dark. Adding to that it was a good `thirteen days since the last full moon day. Adding to this, the cloudy weather made visibility close to zero. Later in the night the forest would be engulfed in a fog making it nearly impossible to see. The only noise audible was that of silence, few random insects and that of a train going at a distance. After a long journey they all were quite weary and all they wanted was some rest so that the next day morning they can head for tiger and rhino spotting among many other species of flora and fauna in the wildlife sanctuary. Right now it was time for some parathas, maggi and booze. All fifteen of them headed for the cottage which they had booked, sat near the fire place relishing food, chit chatting about college life, universe and everything. But chit chatting wasn’t what they came ...