Skip to main content

Sum of uncountable opposites

Ever wondered how many opposites coexist within you, within me ... probably within all of us?

I live in present. Yet that present coexists with memories of pasts and dreams of future.
I face life as it comes. Yet there are times that I become an escapist.
I am often practical and rational. Yet there are moments when actions seem to have only one explanation, and that is irrationality!
I may look at the problems and issues in hand, while I wander in the dreamland in the same very moment.
At times, I am concerned about many things happening across he globe, and the very next moment I become completely oblivious to my very surroundings
We may be attached to a million things. Yet we long for moments where we can break all these shackles and wish to break free.
There are moments when one feels that the world is beautiful. Yet there are other moments when all surrounding us is just a big bad world.
There are moments which seem like hours, yet there are many hours that seem like a fraction of second.
There are times when I feel all powerful; capable of achieving anything in this universe. But there are times when we realize that calling this earth as an inconsequential part of the vast universe may be an overstatement!
Sometimes we believe in our judgment of what should be the way things should be with a strong sense of right and wrong, yet in the very next moment we question the very foundation of such conventions and assumptions!
I am often what people expect me to be. But there are moments when I am simply myself, and that may be the only way I may want to be.

There are so many more opposites. Yet, these opposites coexist harmoniously within you, within me, and probably within all of us!

Comments

  1. "I am often what people expect me to be. But there are moments when I am simply myself, and that may be the only way I may want to be."

    How true !

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I am often what people expect me to be. But there are moments when I am simply myself, and that may be the only way I may want to be."

    Trust me, there are times, when I am not sure of who I am... That I guess is the height of paradoxes that exist within us. I wonder if that happens to all, or is it just an affliction I suffer from...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Silencekilled, Nova, myself

    Seems that all of you 3 have same favorite lines in this post. Guess it happens to all of us!

    Gr8 ... GMTA!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Shop @ Amazon

Popular posts from this blog

Art of question paper leaks

(Following is based upon a real discussion which I had today morning) As I was making efforts to keep myself afloat in the swimming pool, I overheard some conversations - "Puraa paper pataa hota hai, wo to humein mil hi jaata hai ... tab bhi hum nahi padhte hain" . .. and so on The guy who did bulk of talking looked around 15 years old and seemed like quite a spoilt brat. I chipped in with some expert comments and questions - "Which board?" "Kisi bhi board ka" After a minute of chat I gathered that he had just given Class 10 exams in ICSE board and was planning to take science stream(PCM), and he studied in a school (say SKP). He had earlier managed to do the same at his previous school (say CRK). Inquisitively, I tried to gather more information on how he manages to get the paper "Bus kuch nahi, security guard ko paise do. 8th, 10th, 12th ke papers. Wo ek extra copy karaa leta hai. ICSE ke paper out karna sabse easy hai. Koi seal nahi hoti" ...

Snaps from The Himalayas

Some glimpses of one of the best landscapes in the country. Why long for Alps when our own old, enigmatic yet beautiful Himalayas provide such magnificent and picturesque sceneries!! Have a look. Enjoy. Location - Garhwal Region, Himalayas which lie in the state of Uttrakhand.

Somewhere @ Nowhere - The Book

FINALLY .... After a tryst with so-called-creativity, I have come up with a book -  Somewhere @ Nowhere. You can have a sneak peek at the story & a few pages from the publisher's website and order the same & get it home delivered anywhere in India/ Abroad. Details as mentioned below- - Preview and get the book home delivered from HERE Also, you can join the following groups - - Orkut Community - Facebook Page Hope you like the work. Would appreciate a feedback. Till then ... Happy Reading!!! And yeah, please spread the word (relying on word of mouth & word of blog publicity) :-) ___ Update (18/02/2010) - Thanks for the initial response to the book :) Update2 (25/ 02/ 2010) - Thanks for the feedbacks on the book those who have read it. (hope to get a feedback by others soon). Encourages me to overcome inertia and write more! Meanwhile, those who ask for why is it currently not available in traditional retail outlets - well, I hope it wil...

The story behind credit card debts & personal loans

Any one with even an iota of interest in personal finance & its workings would probably know that credit card debts and personal loans are usually the worst kinds of debt traps that you can fall into. Yet many people fall into that trap again and again. Many people do come out of it eventually but some don't & this becomes a part of their "lifestyle". That you are eventually paying much more than you need to, if you default on credit card payments intentionally or unintentionally (probably @ 36 % per annum or something similar) or take a personal loan (say, @ 12% per annum or so) is not hard to fathom. However behind these numbers, there may be even a deeper story - that usually that of not having control over expenses or not having created a buffer amount. While there may be some pressing need like unplanned or recurring medical expenses which fuels sudden demand of money or an unexpected job loss, in many other cases this need may be fueled by lack of plani...