Skip to main content

Random Current Affairs

Of late, I have been blogging very infrequently (and most of it is about me "not blogging" ... so in real terms I have been blogging more infrequently than it appears to be)

Maybe, I thought that I can jot down few random points about random happenings around me -

- I loved the movie - "Inception". I am increasingly tempted to believe that life is just a dream within a dream!
Maybe, that this world is my totem and that it goes on continuously, is a proof that life is a dream.

- I watched Udaan (all alone!). Loved the movie.
  Few points (apart from plot, performances, narration etc) that added to this liking are -
  music that gels with the pace and theme of the movie (including "motu master" song), poems (especially "joote kahan utaare the" - have copy pasted it below in Appendix -1), realistic settings (un-karan joharish sets) etc. I would love to call it a "Taare Zameen Par" for teenagers.

- The "w" key of my laptop is orking on its on ill ... and I am telling people to assume "w" herever necessary!!

- Looking at the state of affairs in preparation for commonwealth games, I often wonder that corruption is an accepted thing and maybe we have become indifferent to it. Although kabhi kabhi ye sab dekh kar mere andar ka caffeine khaul uthta hai !!!

- My reading habits have deteriorated to an abysmal level. However of late I have been quite impressed by UG Krishnamurti. However, I have been guzzling newspaper and other random articles with hopes of accumulating (useless) knowledge.

- Some people think that when I say "I am doing nothing", I might actually have been writing something.
I wish to, but I suddenly have seemed to run out of all enthusiasm/ motivation!
And yeah, I need some sustainable time pass !

- There has been an overdose of Facebook and Twitter in my life and now I am getting bored of them (especially "phony"celebrity tweets!). Also India - Sri Lanka test matches are a big bore.
But I am a bit addicted to boredom so I do follow these things.

- I am impressed by Wikipedia as it lists Rahul Mahajan's occupation as "entertainer".
(I seriously wonder how stupid the "contestants" for the swayamar of this drug addict & wife beater idiot would be ... or maybe, such is the lure of money!).

- Of late, I am getting scared of August ... It is the month that brings me a number closer to old age!

- According to latest estimates, my book will hit markets in at least 1 month from now. So I hope that it will be out in 2-3 months or so. (it was supposed to be there a month ago :(( ) Lekin main patience ki charamseema paar kar chuka hun ... ell .. .almost !

- Sometimes I think that I am such a trivial element in this mighty jigsaw puzzle called "universe" and wonder if I really matter !!!??

____

Appendix -1 - Joote kahan utaare the
(poem from "Udaan")

Chhoti-chhoti chhitrayi yaadein 
Bichhi hui hain lamhon ki lawn par 
Nange pair unpar chalte-chalte 
Itni door chale aaye
Ki ab bhool gaye hain ki Joote kahan utaare the.
Aedi komal thi, jab aaye the.
Thodi si naazuk hai abhi bhi.
Aur nazuk hi rahegi In khatti-meethi yaadon ki shararat
Jab tak inhe gudgudati rahe.
Sach, bhool gaye hain Ki joote kahan utaare the.
Par lagta hai,
Ab unki zaroorat nahin.

Comments

  1. ur life seems to be W'Hole :)

    addicted to boredom ... how to get out of it ? next post ka topic

    ReplyDelete
  2. May be, you should take up learning Chinese to pass time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Marathe - IF that is the next topic, that post might never come at all ...

    @ Pradnya - Yeah .. Looking at those Chinese comments, I might soon need to learn the language!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Shop @ Amazon

Popular posts from this blog

Art of question paper leaks

(Following is based upon a real discussion which I had today morning) As I was making efforts to keep myself afloat in the swimming pool, I overheard some conversations - "Puraa paper pataa hota hai, wo to humein mil hi jaata hai ... tab bhi hum nahi padhte hain" . .. and so on The guy who did bulk of talking looked around 15 years old and seemed like quite a spoilt brat. I chipped in with some expert comments and questions - "Which board?" "Kisi bhi board ka" After a minute of chat I gathered that he had just given Class 10 exams in ICSE board and was planning to take science stream(PCM), and he studied in a school (say SKP). He had earlier managed to do the same at his previous school (say CRK). Inquisitively, I tried to gather more information on how he manages to get the paper "Bus kuch nahi, security guard ko paise do. 8th, 10th, 12th ke papers. Wo ek extra copy karaa leta hai. ICSE ke paper out karna sabse easy hai. Koi seal nahi hoti" ...

Snaps from The Himalayas

Some glimpses of one of the best landscapes in the country. Why long for Alps when our own old, enigmatic yet beautiful Himalayas provide such magnificent and picturesque sceneries!! Have a look. Enjoy. Location - Garhwal Region, Himalayas which lie in the state of Uttrakhand.

Somewhere @ Nowhere - The Book

FINALLY .... After a tryst with so-called-creativity, I have come up with a book -  Somewhere @ Nowhere. You can have a sneak peek at the story & a few pages from the publisher's website and order the same & get it home delivered anywhere in India/ Abroad. Details as mentioned below- - Preview and get the book home delivered from HERE Also, you can join the following groups - - Orkut Community - Facebook Page Hope you like the work. Would appreciate a feedback. Till then ... Happy Reading!!! And yeah, please spread the word (relying on word of mouth & word of blog publicity) :-) ___ Update (18/02/2010) - Thanks for the initial response to the book :) Update2 (25/ 02/ 2010) - Thanks for the feedbacks on the book those who have read it. (hope to get a feedback by others soon). Encourages me to overcome inertia and write more! Meanwhile, those who ask for why is it currently not available in traditional retail outlets - well, I hope it wil...

The story behind credit card debts & personal loans

Any one with even an iota of interest in personal finance & its workings would probably know that credit card debts and personal loans are usually the worst kinds of debt traps that you can fall into. Yet many people fall into that trap again and again. Many people do come out of it eventually but some don't & this becomes a part of their "lifestyle". That you are eventually paying much more than you need to, if you default on credit card payments intentionally or unintentionally (probably @ 36 % per annum or something similar) or take a personal loan (say, @ 12% per annum or so) is not hard to fathom. However behind these numbers, there may be even a deeper story - that usually that of not having control over expenses or not having created a buffer amount. While there may be some pressing need like unplanned or recurring medical expenses which fuels sudden demand of money or an unexpected job loss, in many other cases this need may be fueled by lack of plani...

The Forest

The Toyota Qualis and the Chvrolet Tavera stopped after a long journey. It was almost 9 in the night and it was pitch-dark. Night times in a forest are always pitch-dark. Adding to that it was a good `thirteen days since the last full moon day. Adding to this, the cloudy weather made visibility close to zero. Later in the night the forest would be engulfed in a fog making it nearly impossible to see. The only noise audible was that of silence, few random insects and that of a train going at a distance. After a long journey they all were quite weary and all they wanted was some rest so that the next day morning they can head for tiger and rhino spotting among many other species of flora and fauna in the wildlife sanctuary. Right now it was time for some parathas, maggi and booze. All fifteen of them headed for the cottage which they had booked, sat near the fire place relishing food, chit chatting about college life, universe and everything. But chit chatting wasn’t what they came ...