Skip to main content

8 Things ...

Tagged by Sheetal

Here goes my various '8 things list'

8 Things I’m passionate about:

1. Movies [Watching, analyzing, related trivia, boring people with all useless related gyaan, movie trailers etc.]
2. Reading [Newspapers (especially editorials), fiction, nonfiction etc.]
3. Religion [Rather lack of it]
4. Food [I proudly proclaim that I live to eat]
5. Freedom
6. Bakar [ This includes cracking PJs]
7. Geography [as a child I used to read and analyze maps. I can still boast about being ‘awesome’ in this. In fact, some people have been surprised by the fact that I know lot about the places which might otherwise be relatively unheard of outside the region]
8. Staying connected [Includes chatting, blogging, random time pass on internet etc. I now access internet even while travelling in a bus, through my cellphone, something unthinkable few years ago!]



8 Things I want to do before I die:

1. Travel extensively across the world.
2. Write 2 books – 1 fiction and 1 nonfiction at least!
3. Keep unshaven looks for a long time … maybe for a year or so!
4. Maintain good health and be in a good shape[hopefully without having to work hard on it and without compromising on eating]
5. Spend 12 hours post evening at a beach, with a long walk the talk session … of course after couple of beers.
6. Be an expert in economics [as of now, even the basic IS-LM model scares the hell out of me]
7. Appear in front page of a newspaper [for all right reasons, of course]
8. As Bryan Adams would put it – ‘Be 18 till I die’ !!!

8 Things I say often:

1. F**k
2. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh, oofffffffffff ... and other random noises
3. Basically,
4. Pel raha hai be …
5. Sahi hai
6. Hmmmm
7. Nahi yaar
8. Dekhte hain


8 Books I last read:

1. A thousand splendid suns [Khaled Hosseni]
2. The undercover economist [Tim Harfield]
3. 3 mistakes of my life [Chetan Bhagat]
4. The kite runner [Khaled Hosseni]
5. One flew over the cuckoo’s nest [Ken Kessey]
6. The tipping point [Malcom Gladwell]
[I do not remember what I read before The Tipping Point ]


8 songs I could listen to over and over again:

1. Main zindagi ka saath nibhata chala gaya [Hum Dono]
2. Abhi na jaao chhod kar [Hum Dono]
3. Chand mera dil [Hum kisi se kam nahi]
4. Deewana hua Baadal [Kashmir ki Kali]
5. Badi naazuk hai ye manzil [Jogger’s Park]
6. Dekha ek khwab [Silsila]
7. Badi suni suni hai [Mili]
8. O Sanam [Lucky Ali]

I am sure that the next time the list would be at least half-different

8 bloggers who should do this tag:


Anyone one and everyone who reads this blog can …

Everyone’s invited. More so if your blog name has an alphabet ‘A’

Comments

  1. hey good one!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Main zindagi ka saath nibhata chala gaya [Hum Dono] and Abhi na jaao chhod kar [Hum Dono]... Just beautiful songs... You rightly said, the list for songs will keep changing...

    "Everyone’s invited. More so if your blog name has an alphabet ‘A’"
    Something specific ;)? Just kidding :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ worldthrumyeyes

    Thanks.Hoping to see a similar post on your blog soon!!

    @ silencekilled- "Main zindagi ka saath" is the only song that I am sure of retaining in the list for a reasonable amount of time. Others are excellent, but choosing top 8 is a difficult choice!

    Most of the blog titles have 'A' in their name, as a recent research of mine shows ... SO I have put this

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well bakar is the thing I love the most with all my hostel mates....Nvr change...b wat u r!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice one...

    here is mine..

    www.siddhumokkai.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. . The kite runner is really an awesome book.. movie is also good..

    nice post..

    www.freakyfryday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Shop @ Amazon

Popular posts from this blog

Art of question paper leaks

(Following is based upon a real discussion which I had today morning) As I was making efforts to keep myself afloat in the swimming pool, I overheard some conversations - "Puraa paper pataa hota hai, wo to humein mil hi jaata hai ... tab bhi hum nahi padhte hain" . .. and so on The guy who did bulk of talking looked around 15 years old and seemed like quite a spoilt brat. I chipped in with some expert comments and questions - "Which board?" "Kisi bhi board ka" After a minute of chat I gathered that he had just given Class 10 exams in ICSE board and was planning to take science stream(PCM), and he studied in a school (say SKP). He had earlier managed to do the same at his previous school (say CRK). Inquisitively, I tried to gather more information on how he manages to get the paper "Bus kuch nahi, security guard ko paise do. 8th, 10th, 12th ke papers. Wo ek extra copy karaa leta hai. ICSE ke paper out karna sabse easy hai. Koi seal nahi hoti" ...

Snaps from The Himalayas

Some glimpses of one of the best landscapes in the country. Why long for Alps when our own old, enigmatic yet beautiful Himalayas provide such magnificent and picturesque sceneries!! Have a look. Enjoy. Location - Garhwal Region, Himalayas which lie in the state of Uttrakhand.

Somewhere @ Nowhere - The Book

FINALLY .... After a tryst with so-called-creativity, I have come up with a book -  Somewhere @ Nowhere. You can have a sneak peek at the story & a few pages from the publisher's website and order the same & get it home delivered anywhere in India/ Abroad. Details as mentioned below- - Preview and get the book home delivered from HERE Also, you can join the following groups - - Orkut Community - Facebook Page Hope you like the work. Would appreciate a feedback. Till then ... Happy Reading!!! And yeah, please spread the word (relying on word of mouth & word of blog publicity) :-) ___ Update (18/02/2010) - Thanks for the initial response to the book :) Update2 (25/ 02/ 2010) - Thanks for the feedbacks on the book those who have read it. (hope to get a feedback by others soon). Encourages me to overcome inertia and write more! Meanwhile, those who ask for why is it currently not available in traditional retail outlets - well, I hope it wil...

The story behind credit card debts & personal loans

Any one with even an iota of interest in personal finance & its workings would probably know that credit card debts and personal loans are usually the worst kinds of debt traps that you can fall into. Yet many people fall into that trap again and again. Many people do come out of it eventually but some don't & this becomes a part of their "lifestyle". That you are eventually paying much more than you need to, if you default on credit card payments intentionally or unintentionally (probably @ 36 % per annum or something similar) or take a personal loan (say, @ 12% per annum or so) is not hard to fathom. However behind these numbers, there may be even a deeper story - that usually that of not having control over expenses or not having created a buffer amount. While there may be some pressing need like unplanned or recurring medical expenses which fuels sudden demand of money or an unexpected job loss, in many other cases this need may be fueled by lack of plani...