Skip to main content

Just aise hi ...

That lady was probably in her early 30s, seemed like a resident of a well off locality, probably wife of some well off businessman in the town. (SEC A type, in marketing jargon!). She seemed to be coming after a shopping spree, although calling it a 'spree' would be an exaggeration, as all he had was a small bag. It seemed that she could not get a car that day and hence decided to take a rickshaw to her way back home.

"Ae rickshaw", she blurted

After some negotiations, the elderly rickshaw-waalah obliged, and she kept calling that person as "rickshaw"!

I was just reminded of a sequence from movie Lage Raho Munnabhai where Gandhiji says -
"If you want to judge a person, observe how he behaves with a person having a lower standing than him" !!!

I smiled, nodded my head once and went ahead !

Comments

  1. That was bang on! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :)

    Those words, I believe were the best "words of wisdom" from the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. U r right... It was one of the best!!

    What I really like about the Munna-Bhai series is that they throw light on some critical social issues in a very non-preachy sort of a way... So, they strike a chord and our regular junta can totally relate to it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats true!

    Also one of the things I felt was good is that some of the thoughts appealed both to people who were pro-Gandhi and Anti-Gandhi (...probably two extremes in which the Indians, esp the youth can be broadly divided).

    In other words, what I think is that it was all about getting across some of the messages, and NOT declaring everything that he did as the gospel truth.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Shop @ Amazon

Popular posts from this blog

Art of question paper leaks

(Following is based upon a real discussion which I had today morning) As I was making efforts to keep myself afloat in the swimming pool, I overheard some conversations - "Puraa paper pataa hota hai, wo to humein mil hi jaata hai ... tab bhi hum nahi padhte hain" . .. and so on The guy who did bulk of talking looked around 15 years old and seemed like quite a spoilt brat. I chipped in with some expert comments and questions - "Which board?" "Kisi bhi board ka" After a minute of chat I gathered that he had just given Class 10 exams in ICSE board and was planning to take science stream(PCM), and he studied in a school (say SKP). He had earlier managed to do the same at his previous school (say CRK). Inquisitively, I tried to gather more information on how he manages to get the paper "Bus kuch nahi, security guard ko paise do. 8th, 10th, 12th ke papers. Wo ek extra copy karaa leta hai. ICSE ke paper out karna sabse easy hai. Koi seal nahi hoti" ...

Somewhere @ Nowhere

Somewhere @ Nowhere Coming soon ... As of now a snapshot at the cover design - (LHS - Back Cover, RHS - Front Cover)

new year

2008 is gone, and here we welcome 2009. we celebrate this change with a ritual involving music, food, wine and try to have the best of it all. a time when we make a million resolutions. we evaluate happenings of this day minutely as the omens of next 364 days to come. we hope that it has everything to make this day more than ordinary. but at the end of it, it is - just another day. just another year. just another passing moment. ... and this too shall pass!

A matter of choice ...

You have 2 options, and you have complete freedom to choose any of these. Each option leads to an outcome which is one of those given below 1. You are happy and everyone believing that you are not and sympathising with you. 2. Everyone believing that you are happy, while in reality you are far being so. Which one will you choose ?