Skip to main content

Fan-o-phobia

Has there been some thing that you are worried about lately, something that might not seem too important that has been troubling you? ... Or that the very thought of it makes you shiver, tremble with fear or puts in the fear of god within you?

Well ... I am facing one such thing of late. Somehow I have developed a fear of the fans, especially in cases where fans are a relatively lesser height, usually which I can touch easily with my palms or even elbows ... and even the ones that I can barely even touch by my fingers. This has not been without a reaon though.

Recently I went to a relatives place where there was this combination of a fan being at lesser height and me being quite tall. After taking a bath (yeah ... I do take a bath ... in summers at least!) I switched on the fan, and raised my hands to wear a T-shirt. And suddenly I found something hitting my left thumb, hitting it really hard. Before the signal was sent to my brain so that I could realize what was happening, I put my hand away from danger zone. (Courtesy - Spinal Cord, which initiated the rescue operation and ordering my hand to move away from the line of attack immediately upon receiving a SOS signal from my thumb). I escaped the fan attack with a minor cut, which may last maybe around 10 days within confines of a band-aid. Since then I have been telling this sad story of fan-attack to whomsoever concerned (and there have been many after seeing that awkward looking band-aid)!

Now that fingers keep me worried, and fans make me fear. What if height of fans are really low and I go on to yawn just under a running fan? Or worse still, if I am walking and suddenly decide to jump ... without realizing that I am under a running fan? Every time I am sitting, or standing or walking anywhere, no matter how important the work is or how busy I am, I always manage to have a look at the ceiling and work out my safety related strategies, and hoping that the famous adage - "Lightening never strikes a same tree twice" is true!

Comments

  1. I know its not courteous to publicize one's own post through comments. But this is surely an exception.

    We both have picked up an obscure object - The Fan, as a topic of elaborate analysis.

    My writeup is called the Fan Club

    I couldn't help smiling when I saw the topic itself !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gud post ther....but yea....i do share the same sentiments....:D
    i went through this incident wer the fan actually fell on the floor with a bigggg thud sending down deadly shivers thru my body....fortunately i wasnt sleeping below it...:D
    this aint to scare u....;)
    keep postin//..

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Mansi

    Thanks

    That incident actually scared me. Anything that is not in sync with normal motion of the fan (... and even the ones that classify under normal motion of fan!) about fans scare me now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How amazing that there are people who fear fans!! I too have the fear of ceilings fans falling down on me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Shop @ Amazon

Popular posts from this blog

Art of question paper leaks

(Following is based upon a real discussion which I had today morning) As I was making efforts to keep myself afloat in the swimming pool, I overheard some conversations - "Puraa paper pataa hota hai, wo to humein mil hi jaata hai ... tab bhi hum nahi padhte hain" . .. and so on The guy who did bulk of talking looked around 15 years old and seemed like quite a spoilt brat. I chipped in with some expert comments and questions - "Which board?" "Kisi bhi board ka" After a minute of chat I gathered that he had just given Class 10 exams in ICSE board and was planning to take science stream(PCM), and he studied in a school (say SKP). He had earlier managed to do the same at his previous school (say CRK). Inquisitively, I tried to gather more information on how he manages to get the paper "Bus kuch nahi, security guard ko paise do. 8th, 10th, 12th ke papers. Wo ek extra copy karaa leta hai. ICSE ke paper out karna sabse easy hai. Koi seal nahi hoti" ...

Snaps from The Himalayas

Some glimpses of one of the best landscapes in the country. Why long for Alps when our own old, enigmatic yet beautiful Himalayas provide such magnificent and picturesque sceneries!! Have a look. Enjoy. Location - Garhwal Region, Himalayas which lie in the state of Uttrakhand.

Somewhere @ Nowhere - The Book

FINALLY .... After a tryst with so-called-creativity, I have come up with a book -  Somewhere @ Nowhere. You can have a sneak peek at the story & a few pages from the publisher's website and order the same & get it home delivered anywhere in India/ Abroad. Details as mentioned below- - Preview and get the book home delivered from HERE Also, you can join the following groups - - Orkut Community - Facebook Page Hope you like the work. Would appreciate a feedback. Till then ... Happy Reading!!! And yeah, please spread the word (relying on word of mouth & word of blog publicity) :-) ___ Update (18/02/2010) - Thanks for the initial response to the book :) Update2 (25/ 02/ 2010) - Thanks for the feedbacks on the book those who have read it. (hope to get a feedback by others soon). Encourages me to overcome inertia and write more! Meanwhile, those who ask for why is it currently not available in traditional retail outlets - well, I hope it wil...

The story behind credit card debts & personal loans

Any one with even an iota of interest in personal finance & its workings would probably know that credit card debts and personal loans are usually the worst kinds of debt traps that you can fall into. Yet many people fall into that trap again and again. Many people do come out of it eventually but some don't & this becomes a part of their "lifestyle". That you are eventually paying much more than you need to, if you default on credit card payments intentionally or unintentionally (probably @ 36 % per annum or something similar) or take a personal loan (say, @ 12% per annum or so) is not hard to fathom. However behind these numbers, there may be even a deeper story - that usually that of not having control over expenses or not having created a buffer amount. While there may be some pressing need like unplanned or recurring medical expenses which fuels sudden demand of money or an unexpected job loss, in many other cases this need may be fueled by lack of plani...