Skip to main content

Art of watching a movie

Everyone has some idiosyncrasies when it comes to watching a movie. I tried to list some of mine in this post --

Some random movie watching habits, that belong exclusively to me
(Idea for this write up has been blatantly stolen from other blogs!) -->

  • There are few movies I get extremely excited about (e.g. TZP, Jodha Akbar, RDB), and there have been few I have always been excited about ever since I saw them ... and people have been bored of hearing me recommend that movie to others (e.g. TZP, RDB, The Truman show, Forrest Gump, ... even Aaap ka surror!)
  • While watching movies (esp. angrezi ones!) on my lappy, I often use Wikipedia and IMDB as reference (esp. to know where the story is headed for) ... Even with such references, I could understand only half the movie Memento!
  • I love reading movie reviews. Few of the ones I follow are Taran Adarsh ke crappy reviews, Rajeev Masand (who is somewhat reliable) ... and few reviews occasionally in TOI, HT, Rediff, and other random websites. After all it is my review that matters!
  • I like to pass expert comments during most of the movies. I prefer not listening to other people's comment. I like telling trivia here and there. There have been cases when people have moved from my neighboring seat to some other location where they can see the movie sans comments!
  • I usually hate noises in the cinema hall ... unless I am the source! But shouting with the junta in movies like Chak De or Lagaan ... or even LOC Kargil have been awesome experiences!
  • There have been cases when I may have said "kya bakwaas", "pakaau", "jhilaaaaau", "yaaaaaaaaah", "nahiiiiiiiiiiiii" and similar words >143 times (> 1 per minute!) during a movie (e.g. Welcome, 10000 BC)
  • Some movies are watched only due to 'fun' of watching it, and not because of desire to watch good cinema (e.g. Aaap ka surroor - the moviee - the real luv story, when we went to cinema with a cap!)
  • I am a pop-corn guzzler ... I share it with others purely out of courtesy, usually with a heavy heart!
  • I laugh at 640 dB if there is something I find something really funny in a movie.
  • I often spend time in discussing a lot of stuff about the movie (apart from movie ke contents) ... which can be classified under 'trivia' section .. and I love to bore people with it!
  • I hate missing trailers and advertisements before the movie ... I usually speculate which trailer can we expect today before a movie ... and have often been right!

Comments

  1. That was interesting!!! Specially the laughing part!!

    640 dB???? To how many people have you cause permanent ear damage???? :PPPP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arey, bhavnaaon ko samjho!

    Ear damage is not as much a consequence of my laughing, as it is of my incessant comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite an interesting read! :)
    Neighboring people changing seats was funny.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Shop @ Amazon

Popular posts from this blog

Art of question paper leaks

(Following is based upon a real discussion which I had today morning) As I was making efforts to keep myself afloat in the swimming pool, I overheard some conversations - "Puraa paper pataa hota hai, wo to humein mil hi jaata hai ... tab bhi hum nahi padhte hain" . .. and so on The guy who did bulk of talking looked around 15 years old and seemed like quite a spoilt brat. I chipped in with some expert comments and questions - "Which board?" "Kisi bhi board ka" After a minute of chat I gathered that he had just given Class 10 exams in ICSE board and was planning to take science stream(PCM), and he studied in a school (say SKP). He had earlier managed to do the same at his previous school (say CRK). Inquisitively, I tried to gather more information on how he manages to get the paper "Bus kuch nahi, security guard ko paise do. 8th, 10th, 12th ke papers. Wo ek extra copy karaa leta hai. ICSE ke paper out karna sabse easy hai. Koi seal nahi hoti" ...

Snaps from The Himalayas

Some glimpses of one of the best landscapes in the country. Why long for Alps when our own old, enigmatic yet beautiful Himalayas provide such magnificent and picturesque sceneries!! Have a look. Enjoy. Location - Garhwal Region, Himalayas which lie in the state of Uttrakhand.

Somewhere @ Nowhere - The Book

FINALLY .... After a tryst with so-called-creativity, I have come up with a book -  Somewhere @ Nowhere. You can have a sneak peek at the story & a few pages from the publisher's website and order the same & get it home delivered anywhere in India/ Abroad. Details as mentioned below- - Preview and get the book home delivered from HERE Also, you can join the following groups - - Orkut Community - Facebook Page Hope you like the work. Would appreciate a feedback. Till then ... Happy Reading!!! And yeah, please spread the word (relying on word of mouth & word of blog publicity) :-) ___ Update (18/02/2010) - Thanks for the initial response to the book :) Update2 (25/ 02/ 2010) - Thanks for the feedbacks on the book those who have read it. (hope to get a feedback by others soon). Encourages me to overcome inertia and write more! Meanwhile, those who ask for why is it currently not available in traditional retail outlets - well, I hope it wil...

The story behind credit card debts & personal loans

Any one with even an iota of interest in personal finance & its workings would probably know that credit card debts and personal loans are usually the worst kinds of debt traps that you can fall into. Yet many people fall into that trap again and again. Many people do come out of it eventually but some don't & this becomes a part of their "lifestyle". That you are eventually paying much more than you need to, if you default on credit card payments intentionally or unintentionally (probably @ 36 % per annum or something similar) or take a personal loan (say, @ 12% per annum or so) is not hard to fathom. However behind these numbers, there may be even a deeper story - that usually that of not having control over expenses or not having created a buffer amount. While there may be some pressing need like unplanned or recurring medical expenses which fuels sudden demand of money or an unexpected job loss, in many other cases this need may be fueled by lack of plani...

Survival

Dark clouds were looming at the horizon. In few minutes they would have traveled few miles in westward direction and came closer. This is not usually the scene at noon in the hottest month of the year. Dark clouds meant something ominous. Probably sign of an impending storm or maybe a cyclone approaching. Sea is a capricious lady. Bay of Bengal was no different. It was infamous for cyclones, and Orissa was often at the receiving end of nature’s fury. Ramdas was few miles into the sea. So were his brethrens of the fishermen community. There were around a hundred boats in the sea that day. No one anticipated the storm. So no one even thought of staying back at the shore and miss out on their livelihood of the day. Ramdas was alone in his boat. He owned the boat. His son helped him with his job. They managed to get enough as to earn a square meal a day. They had a good rapport with others of fishing community. But of late that relationship was breaking down. No reasons for that. Nor wa...